Ready to lace up your running shoes? We hope you are already training away for the upcoming Motif No.1 Day 5k & Fun Run, organized by the Rockport Public Schools’ WELL team. The WELL initiative was founded by Rockport teachers to benefit the kids in our community, offering a holistic approach to health, and the annual 5K & Fun Run raises much-needed funds for the amazing projects of the WELL.
This year, the Rockport Public Schools WELL team is teaming up with Rockport Exchange and donating $2 from each registration to support the nonprofit community festival. We are grateful to have such committed community partners!
Race registration is HERE. Click through, register, and get Motif-vated!
From Sharon Kishida, the Harvestfest ZWI coordinator:
This year’s Harvest Fest, as in years past, is intent on minimizing the amount of trash we generate. To that end, we are hoping to enlist a volunteer corps to help make this possible.
- help the public sort their recyclables, compostables and trash into designated containers (training provided);
- switch out recycling and trash bags, compost containers once full
- collect recyclables and compostables from designated bins;
- get a free T-shirt for a minimum of two hours work
- measure results
- have fun and enjoy the festival while reducing waste and slowing climate change! 🙂
Volunteers are needed starting at 9am through 6pm for consolidation. We are looking for volunteers ideally able to work three hour shifts. You can work alone or in a team or we can put you in a team, so you won’t be alone!
To volunteer, click here
For more information contact, Eric Magers
Please forward, post, and share widely! This opportunity is open to groups, students, clubs, scout troops, teams, families, individuals, adults, students…
Thank you! We could not run this valuable program without volunteers! Together, we make a difference!
– Sharon Byrne Kishida, MassDEP Municipal Assistance Coordinator, Northeast District 2
Office: 978 605 2409