2024 Rockport Farmers Market Vendor Guidelines & Policies
Please share with all employees who will be selling at Rockport Farmers Market
The 2024 Rockport Farmers Market will be held every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Harvey Park at the intersection of Broadway and Mt. Pleasant Street. The market season will run from June 15 through October 12, 2024. We also plan to do two holiday pop-up markets. The Rockport Farmers Market is a food-focused market. We will continue to offer one booth weekly for vendors selling food-related products / services (introduced in 2023). These vendors will change weekly and can sign up for no more than four markets.
Rockport Exchange charges a fee of $35 per 10 x 10’ booth per Saturday. All vendors must pre-pay to secure their dates and space. Failure to pre-pay may forfeit vendor space at all future markets at the discretion of Rockport Exchange. Food vendors who commit to all 18 weeks will be invoiced for 16 weeks (2 weeks free!) if paid in full by May 31, 2024.
All non-farm food vendors must have an up to date Rockport permit from the Rockport Board of Health. The Rockport BoH permit is $100 for TCS (time/temperature controlled for safety) foods or $75 for retail non-TCS foods for the season or $20 per market. Here is the application link.
It is the responsibility of all Rockport Farmers Market vendors to familiarize themselves and comply with the policies and requirements of the Rockport BoH – which can be seen here.
Prior to the start of the market season, vendors will be invoiced for all the market dates for which they sign up. Payment is due in full by May 31, 2024. If you prefer to spread out your payments please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternative arrangements. Please make check payable to Rockport Exchange Corporation and mail to: Rockport Exchange, PO Box 2294, Rockport, MA 01966.
Set Up and Breakdown
Vendors may arrive any time after 8 a.m. and must be fully set up by 9 a.m. All vendors will be assigned a 10 x 10’ space (unless other arrangements are made) by the Market Manager. Weights for tents are mandatory (15-30 lbs. per tent leg is recommended.) Booth breakdown prior to 1:00pm is not permitted.
- Vendors may temporarily park in the Baptist Church parking lot (access off Broadway) for loading and unloading only, and if space is available.
- Additionally, there will be 2 spots at the end of Broadway and 2 spots on High St. for loading and unloading from 8-9 and from 1 – 2.
- Free Vendor parking is available in the Town Annex parking lot until 2 p.m. You will be given a placard on the day of the market to put on your dashboard to be returned at market close.
- A 10 x 10’ tent with weights (15-30 lbs. per tent leg is recommended.)
- Business signage – including the name of the business and clearly marked prices
- Proof of liability insurance with Rockport Exchange Corporation listed as an additional insured on the certificate
- Vendors must comply with all federal, state, and local health ordinances. Any unsafe or unsanitary conditions will be dealt with in accordance with the Rockport Board of Health.
- Vendors are responsible for set-up and breakdown of their assigned area.
- Vendors will clean their assigned area at the end of each market.
- Carry-in, carry-out: vendor trash cannot be left in the park barrels. Recycling and Composting receptacles are for customers and vendors, but please do not overfill, and empty all liquids before recycling or composting. Cardboard should be flattened and kept until the end of market.
Our Goal is to be a ZERO Waste Market!
Single Use Plastics:
The following single-use plastic items are to be made of compostable material that is certified compostable:
- food service ware (straws, stirrers, cups, bowls, plates)
- Water bottles
- thin-film shopping bags (paper bags are preferable)
Please note: many of the companies that sell compostable products also sell products that are NOT compostable, so please check each item for COMPOSTABLE standards at: products.bpiworld.org
Rockport Farmers Market is a rain or shine market. Weather cancellations will be at the sole discretion of Rockport Exchange. The market will be canceled only in the case of extreme weather conditions, especially those where a state of emergency is called by state or municipal officials. The Market Coordinator will notify vendors of a cancellation. If a market is canceled, vendor fees will be refunded or an alternative market date will be provided. We will be reasonable in our determination, but please keep in mind that the weather changes quickly in New England. As such, it is unusual that we will cancel a market. If we do need to cancel a market, we will make every effort to notify vendors as early as possible.
Vendor Reservation & Cancellation
By choosing dates on your application, you are committing to participating on the chosen market dates, should your application be accepted. The success of Rockport Farmers Market is dependent on the dedication of our vendors. When one vendor fails to show up for a date for which they have applied, it affects the success of the entire market. Vendors should occupy their spaces no later than 30 minutes before the Market opens and stay until market close. Repeated lateness or absence may result in loss of vendor status.
The market manager will handle any grievances on market day.
By submitting the application form, you agree that you are responsible for payment of your reserved dates whether you attend or not. No refunds, credits or make-up dates will be given to vendors who choose not to attend a market, unless pre-arranged.
The Rockport Farmers Market works closely with the Board of Health in the town of Rockport to ensure that all vendors follow state and local regulations. The following highlighted documents must be provided to Rockport Exchange prior to the start of market season:
- An up to date permit from the Rockport Board of Health for all non-farm food vendors
- Servsafe and Allergen certificates for vendors offering samples
- Alcoholic beverage vendors must provide a signed liquor license from the town.
- Certificate of liability Insurance (all vendors and non-profits) with Rockport Exchange Corporation listed as an additional insured on the certificate
For more information:
Mailing address: Rockport Exchange, PO Box 2294, Rockport, MA 01966