2023 Rockport Farmers Market Vendor Guidelines & Policies
Please share with all employees who will be selling at Rockport Farmers Market
The 2023 Rockport Farmers Market will be held every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Harvey Park at the intersection of Broadway and Mt. Pleasant Street. The market season will run from June 17 through October 14, 2023. We also plan to do two holiday pop-up markets. The Rockport Farmers Market is a food-focused market. New this year will be the addition of one booth weekly for vendors selling food-related products / services. These vendors will change weekly and can sign up for up to four markets.
Rockport Exchange charges a fee of $35 per 10 x 10’ booth per Saturday. All vendors must pre-pay to secure their space. Failure to pre-pay may forfeit vendor space at all future markets at the discretion of Rockport Exchange. Food vendors who commit to all 18 weeks will be invoiced for 16 weeks (2 weeks free!) if paid by June 2.
The Town of Rockport charges a fee of $20 per market, up to five markets (maximum of $100 per calendar year) for non-farm food vendors licensed outside of Rockport. This fee will be assessed in addition to the $35 Rockport Farmers Market fee. For more on the Town of Rockport Board of Health’s Farmers’ Market policies, click HERE and scroll down to the section entitled Farmer’s Markets.
Prior to the start of the market season, vendors will be invoiced for all the market dates for which they sign up. Payment is due in full by June 2. Please make check payable to Rockport Exchange Corporation and mail to: Rockport Exchange, PO Box 2294, Rockport, MA 01966.
Vendors may arrive any time after 8 a.m. and must be fully set up by 9 a.m. All vendors will be assigned a 10 x 10’ space (unless other arrangements are made) by the Market Coordinator.
- Vendors may temporarily park in the Baptist Church parking lot (access off Broadway) for loading and unloading only, and if space is available.
- Additionally, there will be 2 spots at the end of Broadway and 2 spots on High St. for loading and unloading from 8-9 and from 1 – 2.
- There are 4 metered spots on Mt. Pleasant Street abutting the park (that are for market shoppers) but can be used for off-loading before the market opens and, maybe after market close
- Free Vendor parking is available in the Town Annex parking lot until 2 p.m. You will be given a placard on the day of the market to put on your dashboard to be returned at market close.
- A 10 x 10’ tent with weights
- Business signage
- Proof of liability insurance
- Vendors must comply with all federal, state, and local health ordinances. Any unsafe or unsanitary conditions will be dealt with in accordance with the Rockport Board of Health.
- Vendors are responsible for set-up and breakdown of their assigned area.
- Vendors will clean their assigned area at the end of each market day.
- Carry-in, carry-out: vendor trash cannot be left in the park barrels. Recycling and Composting receptacles are for customers and vendors, but please do not overfill, and empty all liquids before recycling. Cardboard should be flattened and kept until the end of market.
Single Use Plastics:
The following single-use plastic items are to be made of compostable material that is certified compostable:
- food service ware (straws, stirrers, cups, bowls, plates)
- Water bottles
- thin-film shopping bags (paper bags are preferable)
Please review this flier showing alternatives to plastic, and the current by-laws, both located on the Rockport Board of Health website under “Plastics By-Laws”
Please note: many of the companies that sell compostable products also sell products that are NOT compostable, so please check each item for COMPOSTABLE standards at: products.bpiworld.org
Rockport Farmers Market is a rain or shine market. Weather cancellations will be at the sole discretion of Rockport Exchange. The market will be canceled only in the case of extreme weather conditions, especially those where a state of emergency is called by state or municipal officials. The Market Coordinator will notify vendors of a cancellation. If a market is canceled, vendor fees will be refunded or an alternative market date will be provided. We will be reasonable in our determination, but please keep in mind that the weather changes quickly in New England. As such, it is unusual that we will cancel a market.
Vendor Reservation & Cancellation
By choosing dates on your application, you are committing to participating on the chosen market dates, should your application be accepted. The success of Rockport Farmers Market is dependent on the dedication of our vendors. When one vendor fails to show up for a date for which they have applied, it affects the success of the entire market. Vendors should occupy their spaces no later than 30 minutes before the Market opens and stay until market close. Repeated lateness or absence may result in loss of vendor status.
By submitting the application form, you agree that you are responsible for payment of your reserved dates whether you attend or not. No refunds, credits or make-up dates will be given to vendors who choose not to attend a market, unless pre-arranged.
The Rockport Farmers Market works closely with the Board of Health in the town of Rockport to ensure that all vendors follow state and local regulations. The following highlighted documents must be provided to Rockport Exchange prior to the start of market season:
- A signed copy of the Rockport Farmers Market Guidelines (must be submitted via email or mail prior to the vendor’s first market)
- Copy of license or permit to show proof of certified inspected kitchen where food is prepared, if applicable
- Copy of your state issued license if you sell or resell prepackaged food goods
- Alcoholic beverage vendors must provide a signed liquor license from the town.
- Certificate of liability Insurance
- Meat vendors will need to provide USDA labels and license from the approved processing facility
- Fish vendors will need to secure Mass Division of Marine Fisheries approval
For more information:
Mailing address: Rockport Exchange, PO Box 2294, Rockport, MA 01966