2018 Rockport Farmers Market Vendor Guidelines & Policies
Harvey Park, corner of Broadway and Mt. Pleasant, Rockport, Massachusetts
Time & Date:
9am to 1pm on:
- June 23, 30
- July 7, 14, 21, 28
- August 4, 11, 18, 25
- September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- October 6
- October 13: Harvestfest
The Rockport Farmers Market is a juried market. Vendors must grow or make their own food product.
$30 per table per Saturday.* ALL vendor booths MUST be pre-paid to secure your space. Failure to pre-pay and no-shows may forfeit vendor space at all future markets at the discretion of Rockport Exchange.
At the start of the market season, vendors will be invoiced for all the market dates for which they sign up. All markets are pre-pay only. Payment may be made electronically or via check payable to: Rockport Exchange, PO Box PO Box 2294, Rockport, MA 01966.
*The Town of Rockport charges a fee of $20 per market, up to five markets (for a maximum fee of $100 per calendar year) for all vendors licensed outside of Rockport. This fee will be assessed in addition to the $30 Rockport Farmers Market fee for up to five markets for all out-of-town vendors. For more on the Town of Rockport’s Farmers’ Market policies, click HERE.
Reservation & Cancellation Policy
- Priority is given to applicants who apply for the entire season as well as Cape Ann applicants.
- By choosing dates on your application, you are committing to participating on the chosen market dates, should your application be accepted.
- The success of Rockport Farmers Market is dependent on the dedication of our vendors. When one vendor fails to show up for a date for which they have applied, it affects the success of the entire market, from the organizers to fellow vendors to patrons who support the Rockport Farmers Market. By submitting the application form, you agree that you are responsible for payment of your reserved dates whether you attend or not.
- CANCELLATIONS: The market be cancelled ONLY in the case of extreme weather conditions during which a state of emergency is called by state or municipal officials. Booth fees are non-refundable. You are responsible for payment for your reserved dates, whether you attend or not. Vendors assume all risks associated with adverse weather conditions. No refunds, credits or make-up dates will be given to vendors who choose not to attend a market for weather-related reasons.
- Lateness: Vendors should occupy their spaces no later than 30 minutes before the Market opens. Repeated lateness or absence may result in loss of vendor status.
- A signed copy of the Rockport Farmers Market Guidelines (must be submitted via email or mail prior to the vendor’s first market).
- Copy of license or permit to show proof of certified inspected kitchen where food is prepared, if applicable
- Copy of your state issued license if you sell or resell prepackaged food goods
- Meat vendors will need to provide USDA labels and license from the approved processing facility
- Certificate of liability Insurance
The Rockport Farmers Market works closely with the Board of Health in the town of Rockport to ensure that all vendors follow state and local regulations.
Payments can be made electronically or through the mail.
If accepted for your chosen dates, an electronic invoice can be sent to you for payment via credit card, or you can send a check by mail to: Rockport Exchange, PO Box PO Box 2294, Rockport, MA 01966
- Vendors must comply with all federal, state, and local health ordinances. Any unsafe or unsanitary conditions will be dealt with in accordance with the Rockport Board of Health.
- Tables will be provided, but vendors are responsible for set-up and breakdown of their assigned area.
- Vendors will clean their assigned area at the end of each market day.
- Setup REQUIREMENTS :
- Vendors are required to utilize tent weights.
- A 10 x 10 canopy and business signage
- Proof of liability insurance