Just a month away from Rockport’s celebration of local food! We’re hard at work planning all the aspects of Harvestfest, and we’d love to have you join us!
Harvestfest is run by volunteers and relies on the generosity of Rockporters and friends in order to happen. To volunteer, please sign up HERE and thank you for your help!
Get involved in Rockport’s hometown festival and join the M1D Planning Team!
- Tuesdays on April 3rd, 10th, & 24th, May 1st, 8th, 15th from 7 to 8pm.
- Wrap-up Party on May 22nd from 7 to 9pm
- Brothers’ Brew Coffee Shop unless otherwise noted. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive notifications of meeting times, etc.
See you there, and thank you for helping make the M1D Festival and 5K happen for our Rockport community and beyond!
From Sharon Kishida, the Harvestfest ZWI coordinator:
This year’s Harvest Fest, as in years past, is intent on minimizing the amount of trash we generate. To that end, we are hoping to enlist a volunteer corps to help make this possible.
- help the public sort their recyclables, compostables and trash into designated containers (training provided);
- switch out recycling and trash bags, compost containers once full
- collect recyclables and compostables from designated bins;
- get a free T-shirt for a minimum of two hours work
- measure results
- have fun and enjoy the festival while reducing waste and slowing climate change! 🙂
Volunteers are needed starting at 9am through 6pm for consolidation. We are looking for volunteers ideally able to work three hour shifts. You can work alone or in a team or we can put you in a team, so you won’t be alone!
To volunteer, click here
For more information contact, Eric Magers
Please forward, post, and share widely! This opportunity is open to groups, students, clubs, scout troops, teams, families, individuals, adults, students…
Thank you! We could not run this valuable program without volunteers! Together, we make a difference!
– Sharon Byrne Kishida, MassDEP Municipal Assistance Coordinator, Northeast District 2
Office: 978 605 2409